Thread: Gen Sat Nav

Default Gen Sat Nav

Hi guys,
    New to the forum. Been very helpful so far. I just recently bought a Jetta 06 TDI. The previous owner bought it standard. I was wondering if I would still be able to install the genuine sat nav/cd unit and bluetooth for the phone. The Steering wheel buttons for bluetooth are already there.
    Has anyone seen this done or is it too expensive.
    What are my options???

Bluetooth can be retro-fitted easily with the existing radio unit.

I'm not too certain about the Sat-Nav, as I believe the antennae required are factory-fit only.

hi Umai Naa. Thanks for the reply. do you know how much it would cost to get the bluetooth fitted and would that be a genuine part?? Also where would you get this done in Melb? Dealer???

Not sure what the kit is worth. Expect it to be over $250 installed.

It's a genuine Nokia part, which is specific to Volkswagen.

I would strongly recommend that a dealer fits it, as a couple of control modules nead to be configured using the VW diagnostic equipment. With this, it wont work.

We can help you with genuine navigation install - the antennae installs in the dash.

Works & wires up 100% factory, so if you fit the "factory" bluetooth, it will be exactly the same.

Send us an email & we will send you the pricing on the navigation -

Another general Sat Nav query. I'm sure i was told this by the dealer but I can't remember where to download map updates. I've got a Mk7 Golf R if that matters. Sydney based. Any direction would be appreciated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk