Thread: Intro: VicB

Default Intro: VicB

Hi all,
    New to world of VW with a 2015 Touareg V6 TDI, originally 180KW now 210KW 620NM via an economy tune performed by Euro Car Upgrades, Maroochydore. Purchased to tow our 2900Kg van back in 2018 and WOW! Does it with ease and aplomb.
    Purchased and RossTech VCDS unit and am really struggling to understand all its capabilities though.
    Love this vehicle.

A little about myself: Worked in the rag trade via selling, servicing and offering comprehensive training on domestic & industrial sewing equipment and commercial computerised embroidery machines. Retired in 2006. I have been a volunteer Rural Fire Fighter with RFSQ for nearly 27 years and now station at Burrum Heads RFB. Vice President of the Burrum District Community Mens Shed and these 2 groups keep me engaged & connected with our community and fill many hours of my life.

Vic

Hoyhoy.

Welcome aboard Vic, yeah that would be a very powerful unit. I would be just as knowledgeable as you with RossTech, Stu might hop in & know more.
    Hooroo. Eddy
    06 Shadow Blue POLO GTI

Nice to meet you Vic and welcome aboard!

It's funny, I'm only 51, but thoughts of semi retirement are with me. I've always wondered what to do with my time, I like house renovation etc, but of course that costs money. Then on the flip side, I've got a 18 year old daughter and 7 year old, so I think retirement is many years away yet! Looks like you've got it down pat.

I do love the Touareg's... My local mechanic calls them toe-rags, but he's not really got a good work to say about any cars!

Shoot up your vcds questions and I'll see if we can help.