Thread: fuel economy new tiguan 162 TSI R

Default fuel economy new tiguan 162 TSI R

Hi everyone.I am seriously thinking of buying the new 162 TSI R Tiguan,the fuel consumption that vw tells you is 8.1 L/100km.I would really appreciate it if any owners out there could advise me of the
    real world fuel consumption I could expect. A lot of my driving is city, but I do drive reasonably gently in those conditions.
    Thanking you in advance.By the way I am a newbe to this forum and have never owned a VW before, but I do love the look of this car though!
    Last edited by catback; 11-09-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Hoyhoy.

Welcome a board bud, but I can't help on this one.
    Hooroo. Eddy
    06 Shadow Blue POLO GTI

Default fuel economy follow up.

Thanks Eddy Hoyhoy, unfortunately nobody else could help either.So kindly Solitaire In Adelaide threw me the keys for a couple of days to check the economy which is important to me as iam a part time Uber driver and need reasonable fuel economy as Uber are such tight asses to drive for but thats another story.
    The economy turned out pretty good between 9L/100k and 10/100k it also handled well and to be honest I loved it! well appointed and fairly quick. Loved it so much a motor cycle cop picked me up for speeding... 15km over and a $431 fine ...not happy. Anyway I put a deposit on the new Tiggy and have about a 5 month wait. Might have paid the fine off by then.