Thread: Video: VW Up! Tightest Parallel Parking In Reverse World Record

Default Video: VW Up! Tightest Parallel Parking In Reverse World Record

For many drivers, parallel parking a car is the hardest part of passing a driverís licensing exam. Even licensed drivers often struggle with mastering the art of parallel parking, since these days itís a little-used skill (in the United States, anyway).

German stunt driver Ronny Wechselberger isnít one of those motorists. In 2011, Wechselberger (who goes by the stage name of Ronny C. Rock) broke the Guinness World Record for the tightest parallel parking job, stuffing a Volkswagen Polo into a space with just 26 centimeters (10.2 inches) to spare.

Mr. Rockís record was short-lived, however; in 2012, Chinese stunt driver Han Yue slid a MINI Cooper into a parking space with just 15 centimeters (5.9 inches) to spare, although perfecting the move involved scraping a few body panels.

Not to be outdone, Mr. Rock is back with a new Guinness World Record, this time for reverse parallel parking a Volkswagen up! with 35 centimeters (13.8 inches) of space left over. As far as we can tell, no paint was exchanged in Wechselbergerís attempt, which puts him one up on Yue.

Though the video is in German, the important information is shown in subtitles above the action, which is pretty much self-explanatory. We certainly donít recommend trying this at home, especially in your own car.

[source: motorauthority.com]

great...just imagine doing that in the middle of the city... there'd be a few people having kittens I am sure...

Hoyhoy.

Hey, me do dhat everyday...
    Hooroo. Eddy
    06 Shadow Blue POLO GTI

I know the pigs are flyin....but I would noting about you would surprise me....

Thats pretty damn good. Wonder how many attempts it took or if that was the first go!
    www.hp.net.au