Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Ruby Red (Old Timer's 1963 Ruby Red Beetle)

Cool My Ruby Red (Old Timer's 1963 Ruby Red Beetle)

This is my second Beetle - 1963. Ruby Red with all the fancy stuff. I bought it just before the Cairns Show (July) and they wanted to display it but I said no, because I didn't want people smudging the paint. Excuse the pic, was taken from a 35mm colour slide which had not really been stored well. I thought it was sooooooo coooollll added a Lukey Muffler with large exhaust pipes and a much nicer sound later on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-02-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: more info

looks like an old rust bucket from the pic :-)

I would love to buy one one day so I could work on it, take the engine out etc and learn...

Default rust bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    looks like an old rust bucket from the pic :-)

I would love to buy one one day so I could work on it, take the engine out etc and learn...
    WHAT?? well just for that here's another pic...
    Attached Images Attached Images

It does have it all.... even a streamer on the aerial... Post "Foxtail" version.
    2017 SQ7
    2017 V6 Highline Amarok.
    ATS Wheels

Default streamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeked View Post
    It does have it all.... even a streamer on the aerial... Post "Foxtail" version.
    yeah..and it didnt even have a radio... and that was before I put those chrome covers on the rear airvent....
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-02-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: extra info

Nice, original bug deflector & "flash" stripe kit - awesome. You still have it?
    www.hp.net.au

Default kit

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Volks Guy View Post
    Nice, original bug deflector & "flash" stripe kit - awesome. You still have it?

Sad to say... "no"....the story there is that I loaned it to a mate of mine and he rolled it. Didn't know how to drive the beetle and rolled it at a reasonably slow speed right in front of the Ambulance centre (no one hurt) so I sold it soon after repair. The stripe kit was only available in Aussie I am told... I had one of those bonnet bug deflectors on my previous bug. I turned the flash around and it was metallic blue on the other side... didn't really suit the Ruby Red.

oh yeah... what about the anodised weather shield? I really did think it was a beaut little car.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 08-02-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Hoyhoy.

Me is hoping that ya don't have more mates like that one...
    Last edited by Eddy; 10-02-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Missed a word.
    Hooroo. Eddy
    06 Shadow Blue POLO GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Hoyhoy.

Me is hoping that ya don't more mates like that one...
    NOPE! and I just realised that should have been sunvisor, not weathershield.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 08-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.

was it easy to drive the bugs and roll them? I only ever drove my sisters when she broke her arm and we had to swap cars for a week or so (as she couldn't drive a manual).. I was about 20!