Thread: new order Tiguan price

Default new order Tiguan price

Hi guys,currently looking around for the best price to place an order for the new 2012 Tiguan.Could someone please shed some light on what is a reasonable driveway price for the car is?personally I think 4-5k off the total price is a reasonable discount, has anyone else successfully gotten more then this.Could you please also refer dealer details ( I reside in Sydney) who are open to offers and don't shut you down as soon as you mention discount! It will be purchased under my ABN.Tthanks a dozen,cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by xquisit View Post
    Hi guys,currently looking around for the best price to place an order for the new 2012 Tiguan.Could someone please shed some light on what is a reasonable driveway price for the car is?personally I think 4-5k off the total price is a reasonable discount, has anyone else successfully gotten more then this.Could you please also refer dealer details ( I reside in Sydney) who are open to offers and don't shut you down as soon as you mention discount! It will be purchased under my ABN.Tthanks a dozen,cheers,
    I wouldn't recommend my dealer but I got 13.5% off the list price for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ralp2dam View Post
    I wouldn't recommend my dealer but I got 13.5% off the list price for mine.
    could you by any chance inbox your dealer details? Was your car a 2011 or are you in the same boat and placed an order for the new facelift 2012 model?The price you got was a great deal, now if only I can ramp up my negotiating deals and get myself a bargain lol.

How is the pricing going, the best I currently have is 10% off?

If you are a member of an association/group/company, check to see if member benefits programs have an arrangement with VW Australia. I am a member of Engineers Australia and they had an arrangement for 10% off the base price plus something like 50% off the dealer delivery fee. I got these benefits when purchasing a Caddy Maxi Life and would have amounted to around $5,500.

Next, a good dealer will also give you some, most or all of the benefit for getting a "drive away" deal.

Actually July is a good month to buy a new car. Most try and clamour to get it done by June 30. The only benefit of getting it by June 30 is to claim the GST back by July 28. Depreciation is minimal as at best you will only be able to claim 1/12th, and at worst, 1/365th of what you would be for a full year. July is a difficult month to sell cars as many buyers have already done their deals. A friend of mine ordered a Subaru Forester for delivery and settlement on September 15. He has just received a call to see if he is prepared to settle before the end of July. If he does, they will throw in around $1,000 of extras at no additional cost. This is just so that the salesman can meet his target.

I will say that I saw 4 dealers and got the best deal from Penrith Volkswagen. Very well treated and easy to get to.